| St. Catherine's |
We took the children to McDonald’s, which was great for them, but Tony and I are still not big fans. We didn’t eat at McDonald’s in the States so it’s just not a piece of home for us. We’ll stick with the ice-cream cones. The food was the same as home, but the menu options were a little less. We couldn’t get a diet cola and the girls could not get apples and milk like they normally would. Oh well. The most fun we had that day was watching the girls enjoy some activities at the park on main street. They had a trampoline with the bungie cords that attach to you and you jump 20ft in the air, both girls did that but neither were willing to flip. The giant blow up slide was a lot of fun! The best was the huge exercise ball on the water; it blows up and is 7 feet in diameter, one kid climbs in they fill it with air and seal it, then they try and run in the ball on top of the water. It’s hilarious and the girls had a blast!
We rode the bus home and I made some pretty darn good pizzas for dinner. So far I can make two meals from home (sigh). The next night we discovered that some of the spiders here are big enough to eat my toe for lunch! Ellie noticed something big and black scamper across the floor; now lets just think about that for a minute; mice, gerbils, they scamper across a floor, a spider is not supposed to be large enough to scamper! We asked Ellie, “how big?” Her eyes were big and round and she said¸ “I don’t know…, really big!” Sure enough, we crept around the corner and discovered a man eating spider! I mean a spider at least the size of a silver dollar! I’m telling you, it was abnormally big, maybe there is something to the radiation around here?! (tee hee) The big guy scampered fast but Tony got him with the shoe, and it was quite a mess to clean up afterwards, yuck!
THIS DAY WAS EXPLAINED WELL WHEN WE TALKED. I AM AFRAID I WOULD BE CLAUSTRAPHOBIC IN THAT BALL BUT IT SURE DOES LOOK FUN.
ReplyDeleteBeen catching up with you via the blog thanks to Becky. :) I seriously got the hang of wearing house shoes indoors as I was always discovering little 'friends'. The first time we saw a spider, Corey looks at me and says, was that a mouse? Not sure why they grow so big! Maybe the humidity?? Best wishes to you!!
ReplyDelete