Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Resort Life - Egypt


Ahh! Such is the life of an all inclusive resort, all the food and drink you could ever want, when you want it…..not always a good thing, but when you’re swimming, snorkeling, dancing, walking and playing all day you can build up quite the appetite. So where to begin, how about six swimming pools, two with places to get drinks and snacks and a myriad of waterfalls to swim under or behind, & sun chairs to pick up some of the most golden tans possible (if you’re into that sort of thing). But back to the food, the food was very good, I wouldn’t say excellent as the dessert bar had very little “real” chocolate and the puddings were more like a weird Jell-O texture, and as you know, it’s all about the dessert! The main courses were themed for every night and the Egyptian night (every Friday) was by far the favorite of this family. The cooking staff (from the table boys to the head Chef) took a fancy with our girls and we got literally presidential treatment. The head Chef was always going out of his way to make his American girls happy (if that included having the Sue Chef drop what he was doing and running to get chocolate ice cream for his princesses then so be it!). We were never short of anything we needed or desired (because of two very cute little girls.) Of course we didn’t take full advantage of the situation, but we always had fresh bananas and escorted service to our table. The nightly entertainment was a treat as well; the girls got on stage and performed the “Waka-Waka” and a multitude of other kids themed resort songs for about a half hour every night. The girls were so excited to be up on stage….we were glad it was only a half hour….whoa, I don’t know how you could do that every day. We saw magic shows, acrobats and singers to top off the evening.


Of course the “his and hers” messages were a nice touch. By the way don’t get the “sports” message….let’s just say while I was being bent in half (the wrong way), kneed in the back and then beat like a Congo drum, Nichole was over there in heavenly bliss with the “therapeutic” message. It was quite disappointing for me to look over to Nichole as I was being pulled up by my arms behind my back and being thrashed about in a circular motion while the doves were cooing, and she appeared to be in a state of complete relaxation…..it was then, I fully understood the mistake of asking for a “sports” message (it was sold as a deep tissue message…I didn’t know that meant I was going to be beaten). I guess it was sport for the guy giving it. The next message we got….I totally asked for the “therapeutic” message….much, much better!


The girls with Nancy  (Kids Club leader)-their handprints are on the wall in Egypt, probably won't last 3000 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment