It was a lot of work getting me ready to leave after an exhausting three weeks of running to and fro, finishing with much needed time at the beach only returning a day before leaving left little time to finish all the last minute details to get packed and say my goodbyes. We spent a late night packing and filling suitcases and carry-ons to maximum weight…unless you’ve had to figure out how to pack 8 pieces of luggage with a year’s supply of food, clothes and presents there is no way to describe the pain it is to get it to fit and still maintain the 50lb weight limits.
I was able to say some emotional goodbyes the previous day to family as well as getting in my last meal; it felt kinda like I was heading to the gallows or something. The next morning Nichole, the girls and my mom were waiting with me at the airport before I entered security and off to Slavutich. It was so nice to hug and love on family, but it came with a huge emotional departure….my poor girls. However, with the normal twists of life, my flight ended up being cancelled and the only option was to rescheduled the next day….I had to call Nichole to pick me up, fortunately the girls went to spend the night with family and friends after the airport so they didn’t know I hadn’t left. Nichole and I took advantage of the extra time, had dinner, watched a movie and hung out together…it was the closest thing we’ve had to a date for a long time. All in all, I was able to get extra time with Nichole and some upgrades in seating because of it and once I got on the plane everything went as expected for flying internationally.
I can tell you, the re-entry was tougher than I thought it would be and being without my family for a month just added to the dread. However after getting a little rest, I can say I’m glad to be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment