Saturday, October 22, 2011


School has started, round 2 for home school.  This year looks a lot different than last year.  I was leery about it too, mainly because I get comfortable with my schedule and routine and I don’t want it to change.  Rylie is in Russian school for half a day and she absolutely loves it.  There are only 6 girls in the class and they all get along really well, especially Ry and 3 other girls!  Hooray, she really wanted to hang out with kids her age.  The first day is such a big deal in Ukraine, boys were dressed up in suits and girls wore the biggest hair bows they could find.  Ry fit in quite well, and she walked proudly to school with her small pink and white bouquet of flowers for her teacher (a must on the first day).  Ellie and I have a lot of one on one time this year, but it will help with any challenges she may have.  It was pretty exciting to have Grandma and Papa Grall come and on Ry’s first day!

….it’s now October and we have been in school for 8 weeks.  We are quite busy with school, 2 Russian lessons, Russian school, lessons with Mrs. Smith, 3 ballet lessons, 2-3 gymnastics for both girls, 2 piano lessons each and 1 duet piano lesson as well as all the practice time needed.  Wow!!!  The girls are still interested in soccer, but I don’t know where to squeeze that in. 

 It was sad to say goodbye to our teacher aids (my parents), but the girls and I have gotten into a groove and we are having a stellar school year!  I am so proud of them!  If I did half the learning and exercising that Ellie and Rylie do I would already be speaking Russian fluently and I’m sure I would be at least 2 sizes smaller!  Of course, there’s no time for me, but that’s O.K.  Their lives are so rich right now with these unique experiences and opportunities they will be forever changed in a great way, as will I!

No comments:

Post a Comment